What is Pre-Production? How involved can I be?
This is the very first step in the process. The planning stage where the project is conceptualized. As the client, artist, or business owner, your involvement is critical.
- Inquire: Fill out the questionnaire to receive a quote.
- Consultation: Concept is created through collaboration with the client.
- Budget Proposal: includes our rate for the project from beginning to end, equipment / vendor rental fee, location fees, crew fees, onscreen talent (or voiceover actor) fees, etc.
- Script: a written sequence of events that will play out onscreen.
- Shot List / Storyboard : Creating a visual interpretation of the script. This also helps us figure out logistically, where we place the camera/ talent / equipment.
- Crew / department heads are hired: rental vendors, Hair/Makeup Artist, assistants, location managers (will vary based on the size of the project).
- Location Scouting : Where are we filming this project? Indoors or outdoors? Do we have access to power supply? Do we need permits?
- Production Meeting: all of the key department heads together to make sure the production is on the same page.
- Scheduling: This is a logistical breakdown of how the shoot day will play out.